This is an analysis of the poem The Land Of Nowhere that begins with:
Do you know where the summer blooms all the year 'round,
Where there never is rain on a pic-nic day?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbBD cXXaBD XbXbbdXcababD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101011011 1110011011111 1010100101 1101101101 11100101 001001011 1110111111 11101110111 1110110110110 1110111111 11100101 001001011 11101111011 1110101101 101001011011 11011101001 11111101 001001011 11110100101 100100111 10110111101 1110101011 11101111 001001011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 249
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; where, of, and, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words where, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word nowhere at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Land Of Nowhere;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.