This is an analysis of the poem The Musicians that begins with:
The strings of my heart were strung by Pleasure,
And I laughed when the music fell on my ear, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefagag ahahijij cgXgajXj ababededXggggadad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101101110 11110101111 1111101010 1111111111 01011001010 0101011001 1111111110 1111101 111001010 1101100101 10101011110 1100101111 1011010110 0100101111 11001001010 100111 1001001010 1001011001 101111101010 1110110101 11111001010 111101111 11110101010 1100101 0101101010 0100101111 1010100100 1110101101 1111001110 011101101 111111011001 1110111 001001010110 111110101 111010011110 0101011101 111110110010 1101101111 1111100110 1101001 1111001110 111111101 010111010 11100100101 11001011010 010100101 110010010110 0011111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 341
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, as, of, they, my, grew are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase pain connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Musicians;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.