This is an analysis of the poem Friendship that begins with:
Dear friend, I pray thee, if thou wouldst be proving
Thy strong regard for me,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd dbdb efef dgdg hhhh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111011010 110111 11111100110 111111 11011101011 110111 11011101011 101101 11010101010 110101 11111101010 010011 11011101110 111101 11110001010 111101 01011111010 110111 11011101010 111111 01010101110 011111 11011100010 010111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Friendship;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.