This is an analysis of the poem The King And The Siren that begins with:
The harsh King--Winter--sat upon the hills,
And reigned and ruled the earth right royally. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbcdcd XaXaedeX ebebfdfX gagahchX gigijkjk alaldXda
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0111010101 1111011100 1101011101 101110101011 10011110111 111110001 01010010111 11001111111 10101010110 0111010111 1111011101 111101000111 1101110101 1111010011 0101110011 11010101010 0101110001 1101000101 101011010111 10101110101 0101010111 1111111111 1001010101 11011111110 0101011101 1101001101 1101000101 10101110001111 1101010101 1111011101 1101110111 110101111000 0111000101 0011110001 11011101001 0101110001 1101011101 1111010101 1111010101 1101100101 1111100101 11010100111 1111110101 1001011101 1111111111 1011010111 10101001101 010111111001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 386
- Average number of words per stanza: 68
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, i, her, thy, she, his, with are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The King And The Siren;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.