This is an analysis of the poem The Summons that begins with:
Some day, when the golden glory
Of June is over the earth, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXded fgXgadXd Xhihfjej cdkdcgkg fkekilfl
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101010 0101001 101110010 0011101 101111110 1010110 11101010 110101 1101010 00100101 111000110 1101111 11101110 10110101 111010011 10111001 11111010 1010111 1111110 1111101 111110110 1101101 101110001 1101001 1101110 0010101 101010010 0010101 111010010 1100101 01010010 0100101 11011110 1010101 11101010 1111101 111001010 0010101 0010010110 00100101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 273
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same words some, i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Summons;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.