This is an analysis of the poem The Actor that begins with:
O man, with your wonderful dower,
O woman, with genius and grace, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xababcbc adadefef ececgfXfXfgfgfgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011001 11001011 1110110110 01111001 010011010 01001001 010010010 01101001 110110111 11001011 110111111 01011011 111110010 11101011 1010011010 11001101 110111110 11011101 010111110 01001001 011110110 11001001 111011100 11011011 010111010 11011011 0010010100 01101001 010110110 01101101 111111010 11111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 289
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, of, us, your, you, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words o, no are repeated.
The author used the same word no at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Actor;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.