This is an analysis of the poem Speech that begins with:
Talk happiness. The world is sad enough
Without your woe. No path is wholly rough.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddaaee ffgghh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1100010101 0111110101 1101011111 1100010101 01111101001 0100011111 1101010101 1101001101 0111011111 1101110101 0101111111 1101011111 1101010101 0101000111 1101110011 1101110101 1111110101 1111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 260
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word of is repeated.
The author used the same word talk at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Speech;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.