This is an analysis of the poem The River that begins with:
I am a river flowing from God’s sea
Through devious ways. He mapped my course for me; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddddeeffddaagghhiic
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 25,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101010011 11001111111 1101010101 0101010111 0101011001 11111100011 11010101001 1111010111 0010010111 1001110001 1101110111 1101110101 1101010011 1011011101 1101110101 1101010101 11010011101 1111010101 1101010001 1001010101 1011011111 1111011111 1100010111 1011111111 1101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1060
- Average number of words per stanza: 206
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; from is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The River;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.