This is an analysis of the poem Sounds From The Baseball Field that begins with:
Batter in the home place,
That was nobly done;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbbaaccccDd eXeXffcggXdd ababhhbccXff fifXXiXbbbbXDd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,12,12,14,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100011 11101 111011 1 1 1 1111011 1010111 10111 10011101 1110101 10101 110110101 1111111 101011 11111 01010111 10011 1011111 1110101 11011 1010111 1011111 111 110110111 1011101 111011 10101 1110001 11111 10110010 10101010 10101 1111111 1110001 111 110110101 1111111 101011 10111 1010101 1111 1111111 11011101 10110 11111 1 1 1010101 111 110110101 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 331
- Average number of words per stanza: 64
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; run, ', ball are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words run, hear are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines run, ' are repeated).
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase run connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sounds From The Baseball Field;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.