This is an analysis of the poem The Tryst that begins with:
Just when all hope had perished in my soul,
And balked desire made havoc with my mind, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbabccb deedeffe geegbeeb hcchijji keekaaaaXeeedfggf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111110011 11010110011 110110011 1111010101 1101010111 0101010101 1101010101 1101011001 1101010101 11010111001 1001001101 1101011101 0111111101 1111110101 01110110101 01000100111 01001110001 1111110001 1101110100 111110101 11111101001 1001110001 1011010101 1101010101 11011101001 0111011101 0111100101 0111010001 11011101110 1101111101 1101110111 11011001010 0111100111 110010100101 1101010001 1011110101 1001010110 1101010101 1101110111 11011101011 1111010111 1101111101 11111010001 0100010101 0101011111 1101110001 1101011111 1111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 357
- Average number of words per stanza: 68
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and, a are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Tryst;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.