This is an analysis of the poem Song Of The Wheelman that begins with:
Over my desk in a dark office bending.
Dim seems the sunlight and dull seems the day;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd eb ebfgfg Xh fhahXah
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,2,6,2,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110011010 1101111101 110101101110 1111111101 111010110010 01011111011 110011110010 11011011001 101101101010 1101111011 10111111010 1111011101 10011110111 1011101101 10110110011 1011011111 110111010110 1011001011 10011111110 1011011001 11111010010 1101111101 010011111010 1111011101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 185
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Of The Wheelman;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.