This is an analysis of the poem But One that begins with:
The year has but one June, dear friend;
The year has but one June;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXbcbcXbdedae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 01111111 011111 11101111 01011111 110101 01110101 111101 11111101 1101011 110101 10111111 111111 11110111 11111111 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 531
- Average number of words per stanza: 97
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of But One;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.