This is an analysis of the poem Song Of The Spirit that begins with:
Too sweet and too subtle for pen or for tongue
In phrases unwritten and measures unsung, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd eebb ffgg hhcc iijjXddjj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11111011111 01001011001 11111101001 001111001001 0011110110110 0010011010010 001001101001 11011011001 001011101001 101001111011 001001101001 11011001101 11101000111 101001001011 11101101001 11010001011 11001101011 11101001011 1011010110110 010010110110 11001111011 001101001011 01011011001 111101001001 11001101001 11011011001 11111101101 101111101011
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 196
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, as, of, in, from, its are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, thy are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Of The Spirit;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.