This is an analysis of the poem My Vision that begins with:
Wherever my feet may wander
Wherever I chance to be, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBcbdede XfgfXeXe hciceieX agfgahhhXafffhBdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011110 0101100 1100100101 010101 1111010 0010101 1110010101 1101101 111010010 1011111 1101101001 111101 001101010 1011101 110100101 1101111 01001010 1111101 111111110 0010101 110110010 1001011 0110111111 11001010 11110010110 111101 01011101 111111 11001110 010101 1111101101 0101111 111111010 100101 111110101 0101111 101000111 0101100 0101010110 1011011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 268
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words wherever, and are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Vision;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.