This is an analysis of the poem New Year that begins with:
The New Year dawns again upon the earth,
And all our land re-echoes with its mirth.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdd eeffXXgghh iidX hhjjffii kkddllbbmm
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,10,4,8,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0111010101 1111110001 0101010111 0101001101 0111000111 01010110001 1111111111 1111010111 0101101111 1101010111 1101110101 0101010101 0101110001 1101010111 1101111101 0101010101 0101110111 1101011101 1111111101 1101010101 1101010110 1111111100 1111010001 1111111101 1101010111 010101110111 1101011101 0101010101 1101011111 1011000101 1101110111 1001010111 01111100101 0111100101 1101111101 0101011101 1101111101 1101001101 1101010101 0101000101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 351
- Average number of words per stanza: 67
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, as, they, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of New Year;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.