This is an analysis of the poem Love Song that begins with:
Once in the world’s first prime,
When nothing lived or stirred, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd eeeebfbf bgbgcfcf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100111 110111 101111 1111001 0101001 111101 10100101 011111 1100111 110111 1101111 111101 010101 1011111 1111101 100101 1011111 010101 01011001 010101 110111 111101 101001 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 238
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.