This is an analysis of the poem Limitless that begins with:
There is nothing, I hold, in the way of work
That a human being may not achieve... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cccc dede fggf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10101100101 1010101101 0111101111 111101001 01001101001 1111110101 01101011101 100100111 10100110001 1111001010 1111101101 1110001010 1110011101 1010111101 1110111111 0100101111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 169
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase believe connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Limitless;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.