This is an analysis of the poem In The Garden that begins with:
One moment alone in the garden,
Under the August skies; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdXd ceXeXaXa acbcfghg Xcacfihi jeXekcbcXajkj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110010010 100101 011110111 1111001 010010110 0100101 1010010111 101101 1111011 111111 1010111111 10111 1001110 110111 011110010 111101 1010010 1101111 1100100101 110101 1011111111 1101001 11111110 1111111 1111011 110101 11100010 100111 10010110 11111001 1010111001 111111 01011011 1100111 10101110111 1010101 1111111010 11111001 11101110101 100111 111110010 11100101 111110010 011101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 257
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, my, your, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, some are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In The Garden;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.