This is an analysis of the poem Canada that begins with:
England, father and mother in one,
Look on your stalwart son.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Aa bcbcAa Aa dddde e Aa bfbfgg Aa hihiAa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,6,2,5,1,2,6,2,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011001 111101 1011001001 10010110 1011001001 10010110 101111011 10101 101011001 101011 1001011001 1110110 1001011001 1010010010 01011101101 10111 101011001 101011 1011101001 10011011 1001101001 1010010011 1111011001 11011 101011001 101011 1011011001 11111011 10010010001 10010011 101111011 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, his, him, your are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Canada;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- Analysis of Dream Town
- Analysis of Sorrow's Uses
- Analysis of Clara Morris (Written For A Benefit Given Mrs. Morris)