This is an analysis of the poem Clara Morris (Written For A Benefit Given Mrs. Morris) that begins with:
The Radiant Ruler of Mystic Regions
Where souls of artists are fitted for birth,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdaad efefccghhg eieicceXXe XiXihhjccj Xhbhbccehhe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001001010 1101011011 1001011010 1100100111 110010 11010 1100101111 110010 11110 11100100101 11001011110 110110101 11110010010 1101011011 11110 11110 11100110111 111010 11010 1011100101 1101001010 1100100101 0111001110 1100100101 110100 110100 100101111 11000 11100 1011001001 0111011100 00100110111 111101101010 10111101011 110100 110100 1101011101 10010 011110 1101001011 11001011010 0101001001 111001001010 0100101101 100100 100100 11101111001 111100 111100 101001101001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 361
- Average number of words per stanza: 71
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, her, she, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words they, still, she, art, and, no are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines her, it are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Clara Morris (Written For A Benefit Given Mrs. Morris);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.