This is an analysis of the poem By-And-Bye that begins with:
‘By-and-bye, ’ the maiden sighed – ‘by-and-bye
He will claim me for his bride, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccaa abddaa abaaaaXabddaaaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,15,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101111 1011101 1011101 1011101 1011111 1011111 1110101111 1011111 1111001 10101001 1010111 1111111111 1110101111 1110111 1010101 0110100 1111111 1011111111 1000111101 1010001 101101 10101001 1010111 1010111 10101111 1010111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 232
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, by, bye are repeated.
The author used the same word by at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines bye is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word bye at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of By-And-Bye;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.