This is an analysis of the poem Uncontrolled that begins with:
The mighty forces of mysterious space
Are one by one subdued by lordly man.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba XcXccX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 01010001001 1111011101 0101011101 1101010101 1101000101 11001011101 0101001101 0101110101 0111010110 1101110111 11111111011 1111011101 1100110101 0100011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 309
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Uncontrolled;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.