This is an analysis of the poem Bleak Weather that begins with:
Dear Love, where the red lilies blossomed and grew
The white snows are falling;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a b a b c d c d c e c e f d f d c d c d f d fXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101101011 011110 11101111001 011110 101011011011 1011010 101111011001 111010 111101101001 110011 111101001111 1011111 111111101101 1011010 111101111111 1111010 01111101101 1010110 01001111011 1111110 11011111101 110110 11001111001 1111010
- Amount of stanzas: 24
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 38
- Average number of words per stanza: 8
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, in, let are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word let is repeated.
The author used the same word let at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bleak Weather;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.