This is an analysis of the poem At Set Of Sun that begins with:
If we sit down at set of sun,
And count the things that we have done,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbbcc ddcaacbb ddeffecc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01111101 11011111 1101 11010111 11010111 1111 11111101 11111111 11010101 01010111 0111 11101111 11111101 1111 1100011101 11111110 10110111 11111111 0101 11111111 11011001 1111 11111101 11111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 264
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, or are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of At Set Of Sun;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.