This is an analysis of the poem A Mother's Wail that begins with:
The sweet young Spring walks over the earth,
It flushes and glows on moor and lea;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcccc dbdbeeee dfdfgggg dgdghhhh ebebcccc igigiiii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0110111001 010111111 011100101 0111001001 11110101101 101100101 101100011 10111101 0100100101 0100100101 010011111 011100101 1111011101 101100101 1111111 10110101 011110101 110010101 101010101 1010011111 1011101111 110110101 11101111 10110101 010100101 110100101 110010111 101010111 01111111 100111101 010011111 100111111 11111111 0101101111 111100101 1100101101 110110111 11110101011 010011111 10100101011 111001101 111110111 110110111 1110101101 1010011101 111100101 110111101 1101100101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 317
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, my, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and, drift, they are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Mother's Wail;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.