This is an analysis of the poem Settle The Question Right that begins with:
However the battle is ended,
Though proudly the victor comes, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbbXcAC XcXcdcAC XedebcAC XacaXcAC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110010010 1100101 01011101 1100101 1101010 0100101 11001010 0100101 101001010 1101001 1010010101 111111 11101110 1101001 11001010 0100101 11111110 101001011 01000110111 0100111 11101010 0101001 11001010 0100101 1111011 110111 110100101 11101001 11011010 010101 11001010 0100101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 261
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word o is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word right at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Settle The Question Right;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.