This is an analysis of the poem Gone that begins with:
To touch the glove upon her tender hand,
To watch the jewel sparkle in her ring,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbb XaXa XcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101010101 0101010001 1011000101 110111 0101110101 0101110101 1111010011 110111 1101110111 11011101 1111010101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; gone is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, i are repeated.
The author used the same word to at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase gone connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Gone;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.