This is an analysis of the poem Early Death that begins with:
Oh grieve not with thy bitter tears
The life that passes fast;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb cdXd ebab d fgfg XeaeXdcac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,1,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101101 011101 010100101 111011 11110111 111111 11010101 110101 11111001 010101 11011101 111111 1111101 101110 011101 101100 10101 111010 11111 11110 010111 11110101 011111 11110101 111011
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 105
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and, she are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Early Death;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.