This is an analysis of the poem A Year And A Day that begins with:
Slow days have passed that make a year,
Slow hours that make a day, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabaca dedefe XgXgcg dhiXih fgXgdi geieXeXhgdgbg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111101 1101101 11111111 111011 101111101 110101 11010111 110111 11011101 111001 1001100 110101 11001011 111101 00110011 110101 11011101 110111 01110101 110111 01110111 110111 10110101 101111 10010100 010111 00101010 1011101 01101111 111101 01010101 010101 01000101 110111 11010101 101101 01010111 110101 11110011 110101 10110011 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 185
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words slow, and, some are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of A Year And A Day;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.