This is an analysis of the poem Winter The Season For The Exercise Of Charity that begins with:
We know 'tis good that old Winter should come,
Roving awhile from his Lapland home;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd eedd ffee bbbb bbbb ddgg eehh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110111011 100100111 110111101 00111101001 1011100101 01010101 0101011011 01001001001 010100111 11001001001 11111101001 11101111001 1010011111 010100101 1111101001 1111110111 110111001 01011101 0101111001 10111001111 01011001011 010111001 1010010110 1011111111 1011001010 0110001010 1011001011 0010100111 1100101101 1001011001 1100111101 11001011001
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 170
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, they, ye are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Winter The Season For The Exercise Of Charity;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.