This is an analysis of the poem The Chorus Of Old Men In Aegus that begins with:
Ye gods that have a home beyond the world,
Ye that have eyes for all man’s agony, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbacXadXeXf gbXbeefhiifX dbcjadXjjkXkgkghajbeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,21,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111010101 1111111100 1111011111 100101 101101 11010100101 11010011111 1101111111 100101 100100 000111 000101 1101111101 0101011101 1101110100 011101 111101 10010010101 1010011110101 1011010101 010001 010001 010101 010101 110101110111 110101011 11010110100101 11010110101 110101 110101 1011010110101 100101 100101 0110100010110000 10011010100101 11010100101 1001011100101 01101011101 101111 001011001 010010110100101 100110 0111111 1011100110101001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 436
- Average number of words per stanza: 87
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that, have, ye, of, woe, s, for, to, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words ye, here, out, into, to, the, woe, sing are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Chorus Of Old Men In Aegus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.