This is an analysis of the poem Two Octaves that begins with:
Not by the grief that stuns and overwhelms ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X ababcdeX X ffeecfad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,8,1,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1 1101111101 1101010001 1101010101 0101100101 1101010101 1101110101 0001010001 01000110011 1 1111010111 0101011101 0100010111 0101010101 0101111101 1001011111 10110010101 1101010001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 169
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, us are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Two Octaves;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.