This is an analysis of the poem Any street that begins with:
Beauty has walked in the broad light
By night and day since Time began,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10110011 11111101 00110111 100101001 11010111 10010111 11001101 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Any street;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.