This is an analysis of the poem Worked-Out Mine that begins with:
On summer nights when moonbeams flow
And glisten o’er the high, white tips, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbcbc dedecbcb fefebaba edeXdddd ghghifif jcjcXbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011111 11010111 11110001 11010101 11010101 11010111 11011101 11010101 01010101 01000111 01110101 11010101 11010111 11010101 11011101 11010101 01010111 01110111 11010101 110101001 01010101 01011011 11011101 01011111 11010101 11010101 110010111 11111100 10010111 11011101 01011101 11010101 11011111 01010101 01110101 01010111 11010101 01010101 110100111 011000101 11011111 11010101 11010101 11110101 10111110 01010101 1111010 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 317
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, ghostly are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Worked-Out Mine;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.