This is an analysis of the poem The Drovers In Reply that begins with:
We are wondering why those fellows who are writing cheerful ditties
Of the rosy times out droving, and the dust and death of cities,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aAbb Xacc aadd aaee ffXg ddee aaff ggaa aaaaXaAbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100111011101010 0010111010111010 1110101010101010 10101011010101110 0010101010110100 1010110101010011 1110101010111111 1010101010111001 1010101010101010 010111010111010 011101010101010 1011111001101110 1110101010101010 1010111001101110 1110101100100010 111101010101010 110101010111010 0010101010101010 1011101110101110 1011001010101110 10101110100100010 0011101000100010 1011101011101010 1010101111100110 010101000101010 1010101010101110 1110101010101011 0100111111101010 010101010101010 110101011111010 1111101011101010 1110111110111010 1111001010101110 1010111001111010 1010101010101010 0010101010101010 1110101011101010 0010111010111010 1110101011101010 10101011010101110
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 260
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 64 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, for, we, dust, he are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines there is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Drovers In Reply;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.