This is an analysis of the poem Out Of Khaki that begins with:
I slung me khaki suit to-day.
Civilian now front heel to chin ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaab cbbccb deeXde effeef aggXag haahXX Xiiffi jaajja
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 01011101 11110101 11010101 11111101 01110111 11011001 01111101 01010001 11011111 11111101 01010101 11010111 11110101 11000111 01110111 11100101 11111101 11110101 11011101 11010001 01110111 01110101 11110101 110100111 11011001 01110111 11011110 11010101 11111101 11110101 10010001 11011001 01100101 11100111 01001000 11010101 11110101 11110101 11010101 11110100 11110101 11010101 11110101 11010101 11110001 01011111 11000111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 207
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, me are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word me is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Out Of Khaki;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.