This is an analysis of the poem Men Of Australia that begins with:
Men of all the lands Australian from the Gulf to Derwent River,
From the Heads of Sydney Harbour to the waters of the West,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXcdcebXbefeX dfdffghg fififXfa hjhjkgkg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101000101010 001010100010001 10010101010101110 101011101011001 1110101000111000 101011110010101 1110110000100010 101000101110101 1110111011101110 1111101010010001 1010101010101010 1010010111010001 1111111010101010 101110101010101 10100101010101010 101010101010101 1110011001111010 101010101011101 0010101010101010 101111101010111 1110111010101010 1011011101110011 1110101010101110 111110101010101 1010101010100110 101010101010111 1010111011101010 101010101011101 1111101010111010 1110111010100001 0110100000101110 1110101110101110 1000101010101110 101110100010101 1010101010101010 101001101010111 1010101000111010 1101100101010001 1110101000110010 111011101110001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 659
- Average number of words per stanza: 118
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 65 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, to, and, her, have, s, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word ye is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Men Of Australia;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.