This is an analysis of the poem Leonardo's 'Monna Lisa' that begins with:
MAKE thyself known, Sibyl, or let despair
Of knowing thee be absolute; I wait ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbXabbaXcdcdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101101101 0101010111 10111011101 1101111110 1001010011 1001111111 110010000100 1011011101 1111101110 01010010100 1111110100 11011100111 10011010100 0111011110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 599
- Average number of words per stanza: 101
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy, still are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Leonardo's 'Monna Lisa';
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.