This is an analysis of the poem In July that begins with:
WHY do I make no poems? Good my friend
Now is there silence through the summer woods, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaabXabcbXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111110011 1011010101 01111101000 0101010101 10110111001 110010001001 10110100101 1110100101011 110101111 1110010101 1101001101 1001011000 1111110111 1001001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 639
- Average number of words per stanza: 107
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In July;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Edward Dowden
- Analysis of In The Cathedral
- Analysis of A New Hymn For Solitude
- Analysis of In The Garden I: The Garden