This is an analysis of the poem Isolation that begins with:
Man lives alone; star-like, each soul
In its own orbit circles ever; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cXcX dede fgfg hbhb cici jdjd gege dddX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11011111 101101010 10111101 111111010 11110101 11111000 10011101 11010100 01001111 11111101 01110101 10010111 01000101 11011101 01010101 101100101 11011111 111101010 110010101 111101110 11011110 11111111 10111101 11011101 11011101 100011101 10111101 111100001 11011101 11110111 111101001 110100001 110001001 11110101 11110101 1100100010
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 186
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Isolation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.