This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Xliiii that begins with:
When those renoumed noble Peres of Greece,
thrugh stubborn pride amongst the[m]selues did iar... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXXbXXbXbXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11100101001 11010110001 1000010101 11000011101 10100111 0111011111 101110010101 1111110110 11011100111 1111011110 1101110101 0101011101 1101110101 0111110010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 621
- Average number of words per stanza: 111
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Xliiii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.