This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Lxxii that begins with:
OFt when my spirit doth spred her bolder winges,
In mind to mount vp to the purest sky:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabXacaccbcbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 111101101010 0101100101 0101010101 1101000100 1111010011 0100110001 1011010111 111010101 1111010101 1101110111 11101011101 01010010101 1110110100 111101111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 623
- Average number of words per stanza: 112
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Lxxii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.