This is an analysis of the poem Poem 92 that begins with:
VPon a day as loue lay sweetly slumbring,
all in his mothers lap:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXXXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011111010 100101 01010011010 011111 10111100001 110111 0011111101 110110 01011101 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 349
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poem 92;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.