This is an analysis of the poem Poem 12 that begins with:
OPen the temple gates vnto my loue,
Open them wide that she may enter in,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaaXXbccdeedbXff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100101111 1001111100 1101010111 1101010101 101010101 110001 0100111010 1100011001 0011010100 11110011010 0101110 1010110111 0101010101 0111010101 1101010101 0100010101 0101010 0100010101 110111011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 738
- Average number of words per stanza: 131
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poem 12;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.