This is an analysis of the poem The Spell that begins with:
OUR boat has drifted with the stream
That stirs the river's full sweet bosom ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bcbc caca cdcd aeae cfcf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110001 110101110 11111111 111111010 11010101 010010011 01111101 010001011 10110101 010111010 10010001 110111010 111111001 011101110 110010101 111001010 11010111 110111011 11011101 0011001011 111101001 011101110 110111010 110001010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 153
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Spell;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.