This is an analysis of the poem The Heart Of Grief that begins with:
YOU will not come again
Along the deep-banked lane ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcccb ddeXffe bbbcccb ggaddea
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101 010111 01011111111 111101 0111001 010111 11011 010101 010111 110111110010 010100 101101 1101011 01110 111111 111101 11110101011 111101 1101101 110111 11011 1101011 0101001 11011111010 111111 010101 111100 00010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase you connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Heart Of Grief;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.