This is an analysis of the poem Love And Life that begins with:
LOVE only sings when Love is young,
When Love is young and still at play,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXbcbc ddddefef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 11011111 11110111 11111101 11110101 11111101 11010111 11110100 11011111 01111101 11111111 11011101 11110111 01010111 11011111 11011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 293
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; love, when, to, for are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love And Life;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.