This is an analysis of the poem To A Little Girl that begins with:
Oh, little girl with eyes of brown
And smiles that fairly light the town,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccbb ddddeeff ffccbbff bbgghhiiXddbbccbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 11110101 11001101 11001111 11010101 01011101 11110111 11111101 11010111 11111101 11110001 11111101 11110111 11010101 11110101 01010100 11010010 11010111 01010101 01011111 01110111 11111111 11110101 01111111 11111101 11110101 11110101 01011101 11010111 11011101 11011111 11110011 11010101 01011101 11011111 11010111 111101010 11110111 01110111 11011111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 282
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to, you, we are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, no are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To A Little Girl;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.