This is an analysis of the poem Hope that begins with:
Mine is a song of hope
For the days that lie before;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccXdeffX Abggbccddc Aeccechcch Afiifafeef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101 1011101 10101 0101 10101110 100101 100111 11011 10101 1100101 100101 0110101 1101 0111 1110101 100111 100111 11101 11001 1100101 100101 0110101 1111 10101 0100101 100111 100101 10111 10101 1110101 100101 0110111 01111 01111 11101101 100101 00100101 10101 1101 1100100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 318
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she, we, or are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words for, hope, be are repeated.
The author used the same word mine at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hope;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.