This is an analysis of the poem Sausage that begins with:
You may brag about your breakfast foods you eat at break of day,
Your crisp, delightful shavings and your stack of last year's hay,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeccffddccccXXccaaddcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 30,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 111011101111101 11010101110111 11010111110101 110101111100101 11010101110011 01011101110101 11010101010111 01011100111111 111001011100001 11011001110101 11110101111101 111010101110101 111101101110101 01010111010101 11011101011101 101010101111101 101011101010101 101010101111101 101010100010101 101010101010111 101010101010100 111010111010101 111010101111001 10101110010101 111111101110111 01010101011101 111110110010101 101011101111101 111011100011101 101010101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1832
- Average number of words per stanza: 352
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 60 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your, of, my, and, i, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words your, when are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sausage;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.